Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Monday, January 12, 2015

Thank Goodness for Missionaries!

If it weren't for our wonderful missionaries this would have been a rather abysmal day. Lucky for me Sister Honey and Sister Wood, the Baton Rouge South Sisters, had to bring their car to the office, and the Office Elders and Assistants were in and out today. Otherwise I probably would have dissolved into tears, because it seems like so much went wrong.

I discovered that I made one huge mistake in December by erroneously booking a missionary's return flight, but his parents are picking him up. Somehow I managed to do this after at least 4 communications with the family. I'd like to chalk it up to doing it during transfer week, but there was really no excuse for that blunder. I had a knot in my stomach all during our office meeting, which lasted until noon. It wasn't until I'd pled my case to the travel office that the knot went away. I even offered to pay the cancellation fees, but things were kindly resolved. What a huge relief that was.

The rest of the day was spent recovering from things that came in over the weekend, dealing with "Chuckie," the naughty printer, trying to figure out what happened to the "N-drive" that contains massive amounts of information that I use on a daily basis, why the referral website was down, resending returned mail, blah, blah, blah! Like I said--THANK GOODNESS FOR MISSIONARIES!" They're always smiling, cheerful, friendly, caring, and brighten my days!

To make this one really lousy day, I just found out that the "survival kit" I sent my grandson last month for finals ended up at some woman's house in Kentucky, not BYU Idaho!

No comments:

Post a Comment