Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Monday, March 10, 2014

Flying Solo!

The Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission has now been turned over to Elder and Sister Lauper. The Olsen's left Saturday morning so it's up to us to keep this mission temporally afloat.  We both had a mountain of work to do today.  I should've taken a picture of my desk after our morning meeting.  I honestly didn't think it would all get completed by day's end, but it did! But we certainly aren't working bankers hours.  I walked into the office at 7:25 am and out at 5:45 but was determined to get it all accomplished knowing full well that tomorrow will bring a whole new set of things to do.  Remember, tomorrow's Tuesday and with that comes the incoming missionary list.  Since we have 21 leaving in August I'm waiting for the replacements to bombard me.  Yeah! More missionaries. Bring 'em on.  I love them all.

Today's office picture is Elder Lauper hard at work organizing his accounts payable.  I'm not even going to pretend to know how all of that works.  There's plenty of other things to keep me busy.

We've finally managed to break the Olive Garden cycle--3 weeks without going there and it's been a nice break.  We've been to Voodoo's bar-b-q (nice place for Mormon Missionaries), a soup and sandwich place similar to Panera, and today it was Frank's.  Didn't we just have breakfast there on Satuday? Why, yes we did!  But they do have delicious biscuits, and Sister Wall loves biscuits, so it was a success.

By the time we got back to the office Elder Adkins and Elder Watkins had gone for their P-Day and Elder Fontenot was on his way home, so it was very quiet.  Marc and I sat in the same office at our computers and neither one of us said a word.  I'm not sure what he was so diligently doing, but I was shredding old files, getting out the birthday cards (4), sending out 4 month letters to the July go-homes (10), shredding, cataloging a very large order from distribution (about 20 boxes--some of them cases of books), answering phone calls, shredding. That's the way the afternoon went, and I loved every minute.

Across the street from the office are these beautiful trees that just started to blossom a few days ago.  I have a feeling that this place is going to absolutley erupt with color one of these days and it's going to be magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment