Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Peace and Quiet

When it's peaceful and quiet that means there aren't very missionaries coming in and out of the office. Bummer!  The phone didn't even ring many times, so I actually had time to read scriptures and the Church News.

It also gave me some thinking time, and one of the things I pondered was why I'm loving this mission so much.  Here are just a few reasons.

1.  So many wonderful people to meet--missionaries, church members, new friends I've made on the phone, delivery people (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.  Love the UPS lady!)
2.  Finding out that you can teach an old dog new tricks.  It's good to know that I can still learn as a senior, particularly computer stuff (But don't expect me to be an expert when we get home.) and improved phone skills.
3.  I've been pushed out of my comfort zone and it's okay.
4.  I can actually curb a sharp tongue!
5.  There are new places to see and experience--plantations, museums, bayous & swamps, the culture and foods, etc. We're looking forward to many new adventures.
6.  In our small way we're able to contribute to "hastening the work" as President Monson has asked.
7.  Everyday, almost all day, we're serving others.  It feels so good to get up every morning and know that we have an important work to do--something with significant purpose.
8.  I am reminded regularly that the Lord is in charge, and if you will allow Him to work through you, there is something far more important than self.
9.  Life is much simpler--the way we dress, the way we eat, the way we live in general--and it's really nice.
10. I can make a difference.

Looking over what I've just written makes me think that it would make more sense if I'd write in the morning.  There are so many other thought that I have, but they're not coming together in my head or on paper.  Best I put this entry and myself to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment