Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Getting Into The Routine

Nothing new to report today.  Elder Lauper and Elder Fontenot had to make a quick trip to Natchez, MS to find another location for the elders.  Where they're living is less than desirable, but nothing was actually finalized.  They left the office at 8 and didn't return till after 3, so it was just me and lots of elders coming and going. One pair brought in a bike that need to be taken to a sister.  Two other pairs were on exchanges so the made the switch at the office.  Elder Asoua was also on an exchange so he and his 24 hour companion came in for awhile.

And, of course, Elders Adkins and Watkins were their usually busy selves--coming and going and trying to meet the needs of so many.  They picked up a washer and dryer yesterday and installed the dryer in one of the apartments.  I'm not sure where the "new" (more like reconditioned) washer went, but they took the old ones somewhere else today.  They also came over this evening to borrow cupcake tins and ended up staying for dinner.  We'd already eaten, and I'm totally embarrassed about what we served them.  I'd wouldn't be caught dead serving this if the missionaries were coming to eat with us at home.  Well, they got ham sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls and what was left of our meatballs and noodles.  Talk about pathetic.  Did I really just post this admission on a public website?  I intend to make it up to them on Monday when they come for St. Patrick's Day dinner.

My day was a repeat of things I've done before, but at least the tasks are becoming more familiar and easier. How does that quote go by Heber J. Grant?  I had to look it up.  "That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do so is increased." I certainly hope so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment