Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Words of Wisdom from President Wall

I was just reading some of President Wall's last letters to the missionaries and thought this excerpt was meaningful and a significant entry for my blog.  It would have been written around the end of June, 2014.


Remember, Oh Remember

Remember….I am a child of God. He is my loving Heavenly Father and everything He does is to help me find peace and happiness in this life and to have eternal life with Him. I was exceedingly faithful and valiant in the pre-mortal existence and foreordained as one of the great and noble spirits that was prepared from before this world was created to come forth at this time.

Remember…Jesus suffered and died for me. He has already paid the price to have my sins forgiven and through His tender mercies I can be strengthened, healed and delivered from bondage.

Remember…I have the gift of the Holy Ghost and I will strive to always recognize and act upon the Spirit which will tell me all things I must do. I will be ODD, I will observe, discern and do as the Spirit directs.

Remember…I have learned what it means to Love, Serve and Teach. Service has taught me how to love and be loved.

Remember…I will partake of the scriptures every day to be nourished by the good word of God. I will continue feasting upon the Book of Mormon and share it with others

Remember…I believe in miracles and that I have angels watching over me and my loved ones.

Remember…I will start and end every day with prayer and ask to find and help those in need of hope.

Remember…Joseph saw God and Jesus. Heavenly Father restored His Church with all the principles and ordinances that will bring me back to him. He uses mortal men and women who are not perfect but try their best to work in His Church.

Remember…I will be a life-long missionary.

Remember…As a missionary, my name and the name of Jesus Christ are over my heart. When I am released, I will continue to have His name in my heart. I will attend sacrament meeting regularly to remember Him, to take upon myself His name, to receive His spirit and to obtain the blessings of the atonement. There is Power in Preach My Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment