Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Our Farewell Dinner with Elder Steele


Okay. I know this isn't exactly a mission related pic, but I couldn't resist including it. Our grandson, Marc, entered a photography contest for a climbing magazine and came in first place. We were impressed with the quality of the photo and pleased with the results. Here's a quote from the magazine article.

"Of note, I’d like to call out first-place photographer Marc Blocker. This 18 years old  didn’t have the money for a fancy flash to light up his nighttime photo, so he dirt-bagged it, taking the long exposure of his brother by improvising with headlamps, flashlights and the flash off a second camera to balance with the natural light of the moon. His hard and creative efforts produced the winning photo, as judged by readers such as you. "

But I can tie this into something missionary, because Marc, a BYU Idaho freshman, is in the process of waiting for his mission call.:) His papers may be in--or not. He may be anxiously awaiting the opening of the envelope from Salt Lake--or not. But it will happen one of these days.

I think I need some photography tips from the grandson. Bad Lighting. Bad Color. But really cute Elders. This was our farewell dinner for Elder Steele. Just in case you need a reminder, this is from the left, Elder Trainor, Elder Steele, Elder Adkins (with his glasses that I haven't seen before), Elder Morrell and Elder Mecham. Office Elders and Assistants--some of the finest young men you'll ever meet.

Six Super Missionaries

I think Elder Mecham threatened me within an inch of my life if I didn't include this pic. So for you, Elder Mecham, here it is, but it might not be here for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment