Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Transfer #7

Today's Transfer Meeting was very different and somewhat subdued. Apparently President Hansen finalized the transfer board. By doing that it made the current organization roster, basically, public. So there weren't any surprises today, because everyone already knew who their new companions would be. It doesn't take long to get the word out.

Elder Fontenot made another supreme southern meal for the meeting--white beans and rice. He was easy on the spices but brought hot sauce for those of us who like some kick. SO YUMMY!! He calls it beans and rice, but it also has sausage, ham and chicken. Fortunately he left out the squirrel, gator and raccoon.

Here are just a few pics from the lunch and afterward at the office. In case no one knows, these are some of the best missionaries in the world!
Elder Glauser, left, with seconds and Elder Rasmussen, who's fresh from the MTC
Elder R speaks Spanish so well that he only went to the Provo MTC for 2 weeks. Impressive!

Elder Forbush passing out the Hagen Das ice cream bars. Why haven't I been buying these?  This is one great elder who's always willing to help.

This is sad, but I can't remember the elder on the left, so the other 3 are tall Elder Brown, Elder Trainor (our office elder) and Elder Elison, another of yesterday's arrivals. Shoot! I didn't recognize Elder Whittier on the left. Fortunately his mom helped me out with this one:) 

Some of the Lunch Bunch

Are these not some of the cutest ever?

Sister Carpenter from Texas already gave me a referral from someone she met on the plane coming from the MTC yesterday, Her first companion is Sister Hafford. Super Sisters!

Elder Mills, an outstanding Elder who's been out for 3 months, will be training his brand new companion from Cosmopolis, WA, Elder Raines. I have a feeling that they're going to be a powerful duo.

Sister Paige, left, and another new Sister, Sister Greer on their way to McComb MS. I've heard that Sister Paige and her last companion, who goes home tomorrow, have really lit McComb on fire. I'll bet that Sister Greer will be just as awesome.

Elder Jean Louis, from Haiti and a real sweetheart, Elder Perrazo (don't know him very well but he's sure fun to talk to on the phone), Elder Herbert, another wonderful elder who's been serving in New Orleans South so I don't get to see him very often, and Elder Young, a yesterday's arrival from the Mexico City MTC

These to sisters have been out for 6 weeks, were companions in the MTC, and are now serving together and training each other. Training new missionaries is a 12 week program, so they're obviously great workers! Way to go Sister Groesbeck, left, and Sister Ochs!

Sister Smith, left, and Sister Widdison, who arrived yesterday, will be serving together in Covington. Sister S is Sister W's trainer. Do they get any cuter?

Elder Hacking with his new companion Elder Adkins--but only for 5 weeks. Elder H will be released on Nov. 5. The next transfer is early so that the December release day doesn't fall on Christmas.

Since I don't know how to get out of "caption" mode, the rest of this post will be centered. Great!

Words of Wisdom from tomorrow's Go-Homes
Sister Wolf ~ Turn to the Lord because He always has a plan.
Sister Garfield ~ The most wonderful experience of my life! If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
Sister Cleere ~ The Atonement is real and has the power to change us permanently. This is the best choice I've ever made.
Sister Chausow ~ This is the Lord's work. He doesn't need us, but we need him. I was lazy and content when I first came out. Now I have fire within me to do His work!
Sister Stephens ~ Miracles happen! Here are 3. 1) The miracle of coming on a mission. 2) The miracle of meeting people you knew before this life--investigators, members, other missionaries, less-actives, (She had a firm testimony about this.) 3) You'll experience a miracle within yourself to increase your capacity to love and become more like the Savior in that way.
Sister Scollan ~ Don't think negative thoughts. The Atonement is the most important thing in the world to me. It's real and powerful. There is no change without the Atonement.
Sister Seegrist ~ I'm indebted to the Lord for allowing me to serve a mission. The Gospel changes lives. It has taught me how to love. Don't let anything hold you back.
Sister Stennett ~ On a mission you learn to submit yourself to God's will. There are "angels" who've strengthened me--the Savior, Heavenly Father, companions and others. We have to be angels for others. Being on a mission is a gift. Cherish it!
Sister Recksiek ~ Consecrate yourself to the work. I read Elder Callister's talk, "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary," and realized I was being selfish, not giving everything I had to the Lord. It changed me. We can go home with regrets or with a better understanding of the Atonement.
Elder Swain ~  "I'm Elder Swain. I'm late. I've been here 8 times and still got lost. I'm a sinner and the Atonement covers my mistakes! In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." That's a direct quote from Elder Swain. Everyone loved it and broke out in applause.!

As usual, I'll go to bed exhausted and exhilarated. These missionaries are truly some of the Lord's best young people. They're dedicated and serious about the Gospel and will strengthen any ward and stake where they attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment