Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sister Garfield's Last Day



Just another post-transfer day today. I didn't even get close to beginning the roster, but did manage to get out 45 letters to new missionary parents and new trainer parents. It was nice to get that one taken care of. And Marc wonders why he's always have to go to the post office for stamps:)

Not too many missionaries in the office today, but we did have Sister Garfield for a few hours. She's on her way home to Oregon but had a later flight and no companion, so she visited with us and caught up on her journal.

Elder Jones and Elder Crook are new companions as of yesterday. They stopped in to drop something off for the office elders and pick up their mail. Elder C had a package which made him very happy--a new white shirt and GPS.

I also had a fun phone call from President Wall. He told me to call him Jim, but I'm going to have to work on that one. They, the Wall's, were on their way to the airport to welcome home 5 of their former missionaries. I love that they've done that for every transfer since they returned home. And I know their missionaries love it too. They're having their first reunion tomorrow evening and going to Cedar City for 3 Fall Festival plays. Well, darn! I guess we'll go to the reunion and Shakespeare next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment