Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Prepping for Transfers

I'd like to just crawl in bed right now, after a nine hour day followed by a 2 1/2 hour hair appointment. We're getting ready for the busiest week of each 6 week cycle--transfers! The new missionaries arrive on Tuesday, transfers, lunch & the temple on Wednesday and "go homes" on  Thursday. These are just pictures of some of my activities today.  I also had 3 interesting and lengthy phone calls, 6 new missionary packets to send, being it's usual uncooperative self, incoming packets and files to put together.

I've finally mastered most of the jobs mentioned except the incoming packets which I haven't done before.  These are for Tuesday's new arrivals and include their support and medical cards and 6 other items that need to be labeled or tagged. My biggest fear is that I'll give someone the wrong pin number or get cards mixed up.  That would be disastrous, so I tried to be extremely careful to get papers, bags and cards into the correct envelopes.

The office elders continue to keep us laughing. I forgot to post this one yesterday so here it is.  Every Saturday they clean the office, including bathrooms.  A few weeks ago they started folding the toilet paper hotel style. I think I posted one picture already.  This was yesterday's TP offering! There's sort of a joke going around the office, or should I say dare, that I answer the phone by saying, "YOLO! This is Sister Mimi.  What can I do ya fer."  Anyone in my generation may need to know that YOLO means You Only Live Once.  This is probably what the Lauper children call a location joke because it probably doesn't make much sense, but it'll make me laugh and bring back some fun memories a few years down the road.

It's been almost 8 weeks since my haircut, or scalping, at the MTC, so I knew it was time to find a new hairdresser.  We noticed an Aveda Institute just a few blocks down the street so I booked an appointment online.  I'd been to the Paul Mitchell school with Heidi when she lived in Maryland so I figured this would be similar.  Either I've forgotten what it was like, or PM was much speedier.  Marc dropped me off at about 5:10.  When 6:30 came and went and the stylist was still working on the back I knew it was going to be a painfully long appt. She was a sweet girl and did a good job but could use a little prodding in the speed department.  I now have 6 more weeks to find another salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment