Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Hairy Day

I learned the hard way to not have my haircut in the morning before coming to the office. I spent the first 15 minutes rolling tape over my dress and sweater, because they looked like I'd been in a fight with a cat and lost!

Unfortunately the Staples order didn't come today, which makes me very nervous. I didn't even get an email saying that it had been shipped. So the "Daily Dose" didn't get completed, but there were plenty of other things to do to keep me out of trouble.

Before Elder Fontenot leaves we're trying to make sure that all the leases are as up to date as possible and that any questions we have about them are answered. When I say "we" I really mean Marc! He's the one who gets to take over all of that as of March 1. Elder F's 6 month mission extended to 14 months, and I guess his Stake President thought it was time for him to be finished. He's been invaluable in this office and truly a blessing to Marc but is now moving on as the Stake Sunday School President. The housing files are now organized in a very usable manner so it shouldn't be too difficult to keep things up. But that's easy for me to say since I'm not the one who's doing them.

To help in my meager little way, I did manage to get all the lease ending dates into IMOS, so when the next roster is printed, President Hansen will know when we can conveniently close apartments. We're losing more missionaries than we're gaining for the next few transfers, and it's looking pretty grim. March won't be bad (5 go-homes and  3 incoming), but April will be terrible. We have 2 Spanish sisters coming and 19 leaving. June isn't much better. As of today we have 5 coming and 17 being released. I'm hoping we might get a few more, but that may or may not happen. Also, of the 14 scheduled to come in the next 4 transfers, only one is an elder. That should play havoc with future leadership.

Elder Barker and Elder Rush were in Baton Rouge today to get their annual car inspection. They had to come in from Oakdale, which is about 2 1/2 hours from here. Then the Baton Rouge Spanish Sisters came in, and the Denham Sisters came to pick up their Daily Dose.

Sister McEntire, Sister Bailey, Sister Roberts and Silly Sister Jewett:)

No comments:

Post a Comment