Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Updating the Office Manual

It was so quiet in the office yesterday and today, so I've been taking advantage of the lack of activity to update the secretary's office manual. In a few months we'll be moving on and someone else will take our place, so I decided to see what I've been missing in the instruction book. Fortunately, Sister Olsen did a great job as my trainer. I've never actually even looked in the manual. What I discovered yesterday is that it was made up in 2010--long before the Olsen's or the Gordon's and President and Sister Wall were here! I did manage to find all of it on the computer which is making the task much easier. It all makes total sense to me now, but I'm sure it would have baffled me a year ago.

There have been several policy changes along with some computer updates. But it's a pretty thick binder, and I've spent many hours and have more to come. The bright spot in the day is always the missionaries. These were the only 2 companionships for today.
Sister King and her new companion, Sister Chandler, serve in the Baton Rouge North area. Sister Merrill, the Temple Square Sister who was with Sister King, was transferred to Many--almost 4 hours from here.

Elder Toone and Elder Anderson came in from Amite (an hour away) to get their car registered. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but here it is again. All of the mission cars have to be registered in this parish, so these elders had to make the long drive into BR to get that taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment