Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Return of Drew Griffin

Elder Morrell and Elder White didn't have much time yesterday, on their P-Day, to get haircuts, so they changed into P-Day clothes, so they wouldn't get hair all over their suits, and went to my hairdresser to get free cuts. Barbara is good to do that for the missionaries. But the last time I saw the results of her cut on a missionary was when Elder Griffin was in the office, and his hair looked pretty bad. When he asked what I thought, I sort of had to fudge a bit. Well, Elder Morrell wasn't totally pleased with his look, so he went home and tried to even things up. Then he came into the office and had Elder Bennett use the paper scissors to improve things.We had a pretty good laugh over haircuts, both Elder Morrell's and Elder Griffin's.
Elder Bennett trimming Elder Morrell's hair

The Final Result
About 5 minutes after we had the haircut conversation I was back working on the computer when I heard the door open. I looked up and saw no one so I figured the Elders had gone outside and went back to work. Then who should pop up from the other side of the counter but Elder, now Drew, Griffin! What a great surprise that was. He and his family have been traveling in a motor home since some time last week and visiting friends in Florida and also many of Drew's mission areas. Made my day! We had to break down and tell him the whole hairdresser story, and the Elders told him what I'd said about his Barbara haircut. 
The returning Drew Griffin, now a student at BYU-I
The cute Griffin Family

No comments:

Post a Comment