Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference Weekend

I decided to come up for air after burying myself in General Conference.  This is one of my 2 favorite weekends of the whole year, and I have a hard time letting it go.  This weekend was no different.  As always the talks were so wonderful and my head is spinning with who said what.  Good thing it'll be online on Thursday.  I do have a confession.  I don't remember sustaining anyone after the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  I resurfaced for Elder Hales.  Today I napped in between sessions--not during!

Elder Watkins and Elder Adkins came over both mornings and we had what's become a tradition. Saturday is now Heidi's hashbrown casserole, and Sunday, as it has been for about 60 years, is Bisquick coffee cake (tweaked and definitely improved by Ryan), which the younger generations have renamed conference cake.  That's probably a bit more appropriate.

Here's the problem with today's blog.  I took some conference notes, just in case I need to converse intelligently at the office tomorrow. But just like the Womens Broadcast, they'll be in print soon. And I'm too impatient to start transcribing 2 dozen talks.  I should've done that after each session. I have many "should haves" in my life.

I will say this.  The talks were inspiring and have given me plenty to think about and improve on.  Our church leaders have such tender hearts and great spirits, and I had no idea that Elder Zwick was so dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment