Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Monday, April 7, 2014

Lightening and Angels--But Not Together

We had another massive rain/lightening storm last night, so I mustered up my courage to go outside. To my disappointment, the lightening was directly over the roof and I wasn't willing to get soaked just to snap a picture of lightening bolts.  After all, I'd just washed my hair and the law says I can't do that again till Wednesday.:)  Good law!  So this is what I managed--the sky before and during the lightening. Needless to say, our room was like someone was just standing there flipping the light switch up and down and up and down and up and you get the picture.

I like our office meeting more and more each week.  Marc and I are feeling much more comfortable and able to ask questions and contribute without feeling like were still at the bottom of the totem pole.  (I think we still are--we just don't feel like it:)  President Wall had the spiritual thought this morning and shared a "tender mercy" story from one of our missionaries who'd shared it with him in a weekly letter. Two weeks ago had been a challenging week for the missionary and companion.  They'd been working hard and trying their best but to no avail.  Then last week was amazing for them.  They had some "miracle finds" in unusual places, such as riding on the bus.  The missionary said "I became aware that my older brother (who'd passed away a few years ago) was helping prepare them from the other side of the veil." Then, in the letter, Alma 13:24-25 was quoted: "For behold, angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word at the time of his coming in his glory.  And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming' for the time soon cometh, we know not how soon..."

This reminded me of the book, The Message, by Lance Richardson who had a near death experience. I remember him saying that while he was on the other side of the veil he communicated with a cousin who'd previously passed away.  The cousin told Lance that he was able to help his family more from the spirit world than he could in mortality.  Unfortunately I didn't bring the book with me, so I can't quote him exactly, but I think it's fairly close.

No comments:

Post a Comment