Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Calm after the Storm

We headed out early again.  Well, I walked over around 7:30 to get a jump on the day.  Right off the bat I picked up 3 messages after we left last night.  Elder D's dad called to say that they hadn't heard from their elder for 2 weeks.  The mission P-Day is Monday, so that's when families can expect to hear from their missionaries.  The second call was a hang-up.  Those are my favorites! Just delete and move on:) The third one was from dad again.  He was pretty embarrassed because he'd received Elder D's email just after he'd left the first message.  I was afraid that today was going to be a repeat of yesterday and wasn't looking forward to that.

At about 8:30 the office elders and AP's practically flew through the door. They were on an extremely tight schedule that required going somewhere far away, and moving beds, couches, and sisters. We have 2 sisters returning to Temple Square in the morning and I never even got to meet them!  They'll probably have dinner with the Wall's tonight, sleep at the mission home, then be on their flight by 8 or so.

So, as the elders were trying to get out the door and on their way we received a call from Elder O who said they'd just been in an accident and their car was totalled.  Those kinds of calls put Marc's stomach in knots.  I asked if everyone was okay, and Elder O said they were so I handed the phone off to Elder L.  He also asked if anyone was injured and was told no.  Then Elder Watkins talked to Elder O and asked a third time if they were injured. "No" again.  Imagine Marc's surprise when Pres Wall called later in the afternoon to say that the driving elder had been taken to the hospital for x-rays and some meds.  Fortunately, Pres Wall had been in meetings in a nearby area.  Driving elder will probably be fine but shan't be driving a mission car for the remainder of his mission.  Big red dots go on files if they caused the accident.

The rest of the day was busy but quiet.  It's so nice to be able to accomplish a lot, which is easy to do if the phone isn't continually ringing.  Most of our programs are up and running except, which continues to give me fits.  It worked perfectly for 2 days and I thought it had repented, turned over a new leaf and was going to be cooperative.  Not so.  Now it's been down for 2 days.  Maybe it has something to do with the change of computers but won't know until the office elders can stick around long enough to check it out.  Maybe tomorrow they'll be in the vicinity--after they deliver commissary to the mission home!

No comments:

Post a Comment