Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Exodus Begins!

Today was the day that I pulled files for our 21 August go-homes. Not too much to do other than sending out 21 personalized letters in 21 personalized envelopes to 21 sets of parents requesting updated information on 21 missionaries' addresses, emails, phone numbers, Bishops, Stake Presidents and closest airports. Other than that it was nothing. I benefited from the fact that the office elders and Assistants were all attending a Zone Conference over an hour away, and Elders L and F had some housing and fruit fly problems to check out in Chalmette, over an hour away in the other direction. Don't get me wrong. I love having all ages and sized of missionaries around, "Quiet" was my best friend today, and I came home feeling like I'd moved a mountain.

Now that we've been through 2 full cycles of transfers, I've decided that it seems redundantly redundant to reiterate what I do from day to day. You could print a calendar based on my routine and would be fairly accurate on any given day. So, unless, things are a bit out of the ordinary, exciting, strange, comical, enigmatic, breathtaking, electrifying, aggravating, energizing or otherwise different from the norm, I probably won't write it. Maybe I won't include aggravating. This should be a positive record. I do write those events in the Small Leaves of Lauper along with personal and sensitive entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment