Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Grandpa S

I love Grandpa S!  He's the sweetest man from Idaho.  The first time I talked to him he was baking cookies.  Don't ask me how I knew that.  From what I can surmise, he's doing a lot to help his grandson get out on his mission.  Mom is supportive, but I think she works, so her dad is stepping in to assist.  I don't think dad lives nearby as the parents are divorced.  Anyway, Gpa is so attentive to all his elder's needs.  The second time we spoke he wanted to be sure he had all the info needed to order grandson's bike.  Then he called again today to let me know the bike has been ordered and should be delivered next week.  Would I mind emailing him to let him know it arrived? Of course I wouldn't mind.  I hope I get to meet Gpa someday.  Also, he met our new President Hansen when he was in Boise.  He'd driven a bus full of cheerleaders to Boise for a competition, and his wife was chaperoning.  They must be very young or young-at-heart grandparents. While they had some free time they met the Hansen's at some restaurant.  The connection is Pres Hansen's cousin who lives in Gpa's stake.  Anyway, he says the Hansen's are wonderful people and very excited about coming to Louisiana.  They'd just returned from delivering Elder S to the MTC.  We had a good conversation about that experience:)

That conversation reminded that our next group of incomings did, in fact, enter the MTC yesterday, except for one sister who's already in the Mexico MTC.  That means we're only 13 days away from transfers.  This time we'll really be on our own to prep the incoming packets, do the orientation, pick up the mountain of sandwiches, set up, clean up and all that fun stuff.

I've been trying to make a map of the 6 mission zones and mark where all the companionships live, thinking that it would be useful for referrals and getting them to the right missionaries.  I thought I was finally getting the 2 New Orleans zones slightly figured out when I received a phone call from an elder who said they'd received a referral this morning for someone who, not only didn't live in his district--he wasn't even in their zone! Back to square one.  I should get this under control by June of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment