Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Lovin' Louisiana!

I'm completely intrigued with the cemeteries here. The first time I saw graves above ground was in the Dominican Republic.  Because the water table is high the ground is too wet to dig a 6 foot hole & actually have a casket remain underground! Eventually it would work its way out of the soil. One good storm and who knows where gramps would land. Ok. Maybe that's exaggerating, but it really could end up above ground instead of below. Just ask our friend, The Falcon, about heavy storms & displaced coffins!
Our Marksville elders dropped by today and were another answer to prayer. Even though we have no internet service yet, I really needed access to word documents. I thought all the cords were correctly connected but the monitor just kept wanting to go to sleep. (Proof that it's really my monitor!) Elder Steele have the problem solved in no time. I'd attached one cord too many that went nowhere. Enough said.

We ran over to the branch today to pick up a list of the members and met Sister Plauche. I love our Branch Pres and his wife, or as they say down here, Miss Claire. Such good & humble people who are honestly thrilled to have us here. What a fantastic place to be for the next 18 months. I know we'll have opportunities here that we'd never have dreamed of in California or Utah. As Annie says: "I think I'm gonna like it here!" 
Yes, this is our triple wide meeting house. 

Like I've said before  lovin' Louisiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment