Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Office Couple in Training

I LOVE THIS MISSION!
I LOVE OUR NEW ASSIGNMENT!
I LOVE EVERYONE WE WORK WITH IN THE OFFICE!

Can you tell I'm elated over our new assignment?  I feel so useful!  There will be plenty go learn but I'm hoping that our training time will give us the skills we'll need. And I know that I can always call Sister Olsen with any question. She was so helpful today. As soon as we arrived this morning she had me at the desk doing what needed to be done. I did it all with her guiding me every step of the way. Great way to learn. 

Tomorrow is transfer day. It's probably the busiest day we have every 6 weeks. We had 12 new missionaries arrive today--4 Elders & 8 Sisters. They'll stay at the Mission Home (Pres & Sister Wall's residence) tonight, then tomorrow there's training at the home then they go to the stake center to meet their new companions. Also the other missionaries who'll have changes in their companionships will be in attendance. This is followed by lunch and then they're off to their areas of assignment. Should be an exciting process to be a part of. 

You don't realize, until you're behind the scenes, how much goes on just getting missionaries into the field, home from the field or going from area to area while they're serving. One of our projects today was letters for missionaries who'll be released next month--letters of release to each Stake President, Bishop, parents, travel itineraries, Certificate of Release, etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment