Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Memorable Mother's Day!

It was so much fun to wake up and open this beautiful gift from my sweet family. I'd never heard of Origami Owl before, so when the little box was delivered to the office last week I just put it aside as I'd been instructed to do by Commandant Kimberlee.  She told me not to open it until the letters had arrived. Yes ma'am. Just after it came Elder Watkins came in to see if there was any mail, and he just about jumped through the window. Here's our conversation.
"You got a package from Origami Owl?"
"Um, yes, I did."
"Well open it! You have to open it right now!"
"Sorry, Elder W. I've been instructed to wait until the accompanying letters come."
"So, just look on their web site and see what they have."
"I can't do that."
"Yes you can. It's like looking at Harry & David. There's a lot of stuff and you won't know what your getting."
I waited and was so excited about the contents. Each of our families had chosen a charm for me and written a letter about why they chose it. Yes, there are 2 extras. We haven't added any children recently.

After church we went to the Riggs for dinner. They wouldn't let us bring anything this time. Such kind and generous people. Sister Riggs set another beautiful table, and the meal was outstanding! Today's menu included fresh salmon, cheesy potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs, watermelon, salad that included broccoli, kale, brussel sprouts, cranberries, pumpkins seeds, poppy seed dressing and a few other yummies, dilly bread baked in little flower pots, delicious chiffon cake as the base for strawberry shortcake. (I need that recipe!) YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment