Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Baton Rouge Louisiana Temple

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Elder Mapa and See's Candy

I'm thinking that I forgot to mention the day the box of See's Peanut Brittle from the Jordan's arrived. Elder Mapa happened to be in the office at the very moment I opened the it. Wish I had a picture of his eyes when he saw the contents. He's from the Bay Area and is very well acquainted with See's Candy. Of course I offered some to him, but he turned it down because he and a few other elders had just attack the candy jar. I didn't offer it to anyone else, because I just knew they wouldn't appreciate it. Then I promptly tucked it away and took it home that evening. The next time Elder Mapa was in he asked about it, and I had to tell him that it was at home. We hadn't opened it yet. Good thing since I opened it this morning and bagged some up for him. When he walked in this morning I presented it to him, and he was very excited!

As mentioned, Elder M is from the Bay Area--San Bruno to be exact. He's Tongan, but his father was just released as the Branch President of the Fijian Branch located somewhere on the San Francisco peninsula. Why Fijian? That's where dad served his mission. It gets better. The Branch in the SF Calif East Stake--which is Tongan! They have family in Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Japan, New Zealand and who knows where else. After Elder is released with the mass exodus in August the family will take a vacation to see some of the kin in far away places. Oh, and dad works for the airlines. Free flights!


Now how cute is this picture of Elder Helie and his little red finger friends. I can't believe he's smiling. Crawfish have teeth--and they bite! Looks like he's at a crawfish boil. See the pot over to the left. That's what I was talking about, or in the South, "Nauw that's what 'am tawkin' 'bout!" It 's a huge pot for boiling critters and such. I didn't take this picture as Elder H lives down yonder near 'Nawlins, but it came in an email and I asked for his permission to use it on the blog. Yay! permission granted:)

Sorry about the picture "frame," but Marc said that Elder Helie's pic didn't come through so the Assistants texted one to me and I don't know how to fix it. So this is better than nothing. I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment